25% of Module.
All tasks are related to the discussions from lectures, seminars & design projects.
The final submission is in May, but it is best to complete tasks on a weekly basis.
The following must be included in the tasks:
- Any other specified assignments.
Reflections on the feedback received for pieces of coursework (the essay, blog & e-test) should also be included.
THE LIST OF TASKS
- Back Briefs
- Project 1: Understanding Phenomenology
- Project 2: Ergonomics
- Academic Writing and Plagiarism
- Project 3: Failed Architecture
- Islamic Architecture
- Religious Architecture
- Project 4: Observation Tower.
- Analysing Architecture: Questions of Geometry
- Project 5: Topography
- 19th Century
- Project 6: Urban Project – Synthesis: Reading Le Corbusier
- Project 6. Urban Project – Synthesis: Analysing Architecture: Museums
- Self-Appraisal: Phenomenology, Critical Thinking and Academic Writing
We should be able to identify & evaluate contexts of architecture, cities and landscapes. Such contexts should include:
We should recognise the links between historic & modern architectural contexts.
We should be able to evaluation information in order to plan & develop strategies and responses for investigations.
We should be able to convey our knowledge and understanding of context using the following communication methods:
The Harvard Referencing System should be used to prevent plagiarism.
SUBMISSION & FEEDBACK
- Submission - 18/10/2013 at 8:45 AM
- Submission - 16/05/2014 at 8:45 AM
- Feedback - within 21 days
NOTE: Work to be submitted via the dropbox option in NOW.
NOTE: A link to the research blog must be submitted after each design studio review through an email to Victoria.
NOTE: The final submission of the the research blog must be submitted via the dropbox option in NOW.NOTE: Failure to submit one or more sections of any coursework results in the whole project being capped at 40%.
NOTE: Late submissions (within 5 days) are capped at a Low 3rd grade.