To fully understand the Lumsdale Valley site, it is necessary to look back it's history.
Lumsdale Valley is covered in industrial history, a surprising fact considering how strong the presence of nature is amongst the site. However, it was because of the nature which is present that the industry came there.
There were several mills which located themselves amongst the site to make use of the waterfall and stream to move wheels and power them. The image to the right shows all the various buildings on the site, all of which are now ruins.
White's Mill is potentially the oldest mill in Lumsdale, but was abandoned by 1920. It was used last for grinding bones to use as fertiliser. There were also several other mills of different uses on the site too, such bleach works and corn mills.
There are four documents below which show scans of some history about the site. Please use the full screen button in order to read them.
| || |
| || |